This is now the third in the series of 10 things my Instagram won’t tell you, and I couldn’t be happier to have The Elle Next Door here to share with you all. I have been following Ellie for a long time now, I have major, major photo envy every time she uploads a new post, her photos, city breaks and ability to make you feel like you’ve been friends for years gets me every time I visit her blog. She is young, beautiful, ridiculously lovely, and isn’t afraid to show her more vulnerable side when the glamour of blogging and social media can’t mask exactly how you feel. For once you don’t even need to just take my word for it, Ellie’s Instagram, Ellenextdoor boasts a cool 35.4K followers.
This is Ellie’s post for 10 Things my Instagram won’t tell you.
My name’s Ellie Adams, I’m 24 years old and I’m a full-time lifestyle blogger. I started blogging nearly 5 years ago now and finally left my job as a TV producer to go full time with blogging nearly 2 years ago.
I’ve had Instagram for around 3 years now (I was a very late starter). I literally started it because everyone else had it and used to post the most awful photos of my weekly nacho nights and Indian takeaways. About a year in I decided it should probably start to look a little bit prettier if I wanted to make a go of my blog, ha!
- I am a very anxious person that stresses about absolutely everything.
- I spend most of my time in loungewear and no makeup
- I also spend the majority of the time with my family who are my best friends, and also talking on the phone to Ally (@allyinblunderland) who I think people assume is a “blogger friend” but she’s actually my best friend.
- I’m in a much better place after going through a breakup now, but I did spend nearly two months crying and in an awful place. I remember posting happy, funny Instagram photos whilst in bed with a family size chocolate bar and being so, so sad and unhappy but when blogging is your job, you can’t always be down in the dumps. Which is why I try to balance being totally honest with positivity.
- I have 3 chronic/long terms illnesses and spent the vast majority of being 15,16 and 17 in the hospital. I’ve never mentioned this once on Instagram and very, very rarely on my blog but my dream one day would be to create/work with a charity for undiagnosed, chronically ill young teens in hospital without any support from their schools/the educational system, as I was totally left to fend for myself.
- I eat 24/7 and never ever exercise or work out because I am beyond lazy.
- I am pretty body conscious and will never be happy with the way I look, but my love of food far outweighs my hate of my rolls and love handles.
- I can’t say that I’ve ever suffered from anxiety (I think having anxiety and being anxious are two different things) or depression but I’ve been very close to people who have it and I would love us to one day live in a world where there wasn’t so much stigma.
- I used to play professional football and always thought I’d end up as a footballer, LOL!
- I genuinely spend 99% of my day crying with laughter, I just find everything funny and always think of funny things whenever I’m down.